Make sure to follow these guidelines when meeting new people online:
DON'T ever send money to someone you meet online, especially by wire transfer. Keep in mind that wiring money is like sending cash: the sender has no protections against loss. Scammers and con artists often insist that people wire money, especially overseas, because it's nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money. Don't wire money to strangers or to someone who claims to be in an emergency. Don't give out your credit card number or bank info.
DON'T share your personal info, such as Social Security Number, address, phone number, etc.
- After first making contact asks to talk or chat on an outside email or messaging service.
- Disappears from site and reappears under a different name
- Claims to be recently widowed
- Asks for your address under the guise of sending flowers or gifts
- Makes an inordinate amount of grammar and/or spelling errors
- Claims to be from U.S. but currently travelling, living or working abroad
- Ever asks you for money
- Claims to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints but doesn’t know anything about the church.
Report any suspicious activity or behavior:
- Avoiding a straight answer to a question
- Talks in circles
- "Has to go" all of a sudden, this may indicate the person is not in fact single or has something to hide
- Married people or minors using the service
- Members sending harassing or offensive messages
- Fraudulent registration or profiles
- Spam or solicitation
- Copyright infringement
- Members asking you for money or donations
- Any other violation of LDS Dimension's policies